A man who was born with little jaw and suffered from bullying and prejudice from an early age met and married a woman who lived with him about two and a half years ago.

"I heard that being able to ""expose myself as I am and be more confident in myself"" was an opportunity to change my life, and I talked about my thoughts and wishes to ""New York Post"" and others."


Joseph Williams (41), from Chicago, Illinois, suffers from a rare birth defect called "mouthed finger syndrome" and has little jaw since birth.


Joseph's mother was pregnant with twins, but one of them was stillborn, and Joseph underwent jaw surgery a few days after birth.


Joseph said, "My mother seems to have been quite shocked to see me born.

My jaw surgery was done several times and I had bone and skin transplants, but as I grew up, I had a rejection and it didn't work.I was adopted and grew up with a new family,"
he said of his life.


"I couldn't speak because I didn't have a jaw, so I learned sign language at the age of two.In addition to sign language, there are also cases where people communicate by using gestures, writing in a notebook, and typing letters on their cell phones.

Also, I put a tube in the front of my neck to ease my breathing, and I have never tasted food because I injected a mixer meal from my stomach wax."


"What's hard about it is that people point their fingers and stare at me.Some even ran away looking at my face, and every time I did, I thought, 'I wish you'd ask me a face-to-face question about my illness.

'I've been bullied many times since I was little, and I've wanted to hide and cry and even thought of taking my life."


People around me tried to protect me by saying, 'You won't be able to do that,' but I didn't want my behavior to be restricted, saying, 'I can't do it because I'm sick.

'On the other hand, I was not confident that I was worthless, so I hesitated to date a woman."


At the end of 2019, however, Joseph had a life-changing encounter.Joseph, who decided to live positively, "Trust yourself and be more confident," met Vania (Vania, 39) through his work and fell in love with her.


Vania initially thought, "Maybe the reason why Joseph doesn't have a jaw is because he's a member of the gang," and Joseph said, "I started with a friend relationship with her and got married in 2020.Like the people around me, I'm the one who's most surprised when I get married."


Joseph, who is currently working as a day worker in the welding industry, wants to eventually become involved in a music job that can express himself and become a DJ, leaving this message based on his own experience.


"As I don't have a chin, I think there's a reason why I was born differently.

So I tell myself not to hide, but to live confidently, but there are people in the world who don't accept me as 'ugly.'"


"But I'm a person with a heart, a brain and a heart.So I want people to treat me with respect."


Images are from UNILAD May 20, 2022 Man Born Without A Jaw Who Can't Speak, Eat Or Breathe Property Has Found Love With Wife (Credit: Caters), New York Post May 19, 2022 Manborn without a jaw finds love after lifetime of paint: 'I desired more'TIME (JMS) screen